Parsippany Soccer Club announces our acceptance into the (NPL) National Premier Leagues, New York Club Soccer League for Spring of 2012. The NPL is set up in the same way our Academy Program focusing on Player Development through training. The league is 12 teams in the U12, 13, 14, 15, 16 & 18 Age Groups with each team playing once on a home or away basis. The U12, 13 & 14 age groups will play an 11 match schedule in the both the fall and spring while the U15, 16 & 18 will play an 11 match schedule in the Spring only. Fall schedule for the older age groups will be late Fall (after High School) and will be friendly non-league matches only to allow for attendance at College Showcase events.
Interested player or parents please contact Stan Lembryk Parsippany SC’s Director of Coaching at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New York Club Soccer League expands with addition of three clubs
New York Club Soccer League website | NationalPremierLeagues.com | usclubsoccer.org
CHARLESTON, S.C. (Jan. 17, 2012) – The New York Club Soccer League (NYCSL), the latest addition to US Club Soccer’s National Premier Leagues (NPL), has added three more clubs to increase its lineup to 12 for its inaugural season.
Massapequa SC, Parsippany SC and Soccer Plus Academy will join the NYCSL - NPL Division, which will include six age groups (U-12 through U-16 and U-18 boys) and is the top tier of the NYCSL. The 12 member clubs are:
- Brentwood SC
- Brooklyn Italians
- Clarkstown SC
- Eastern FC
- Everton America
- Massapequa SC
- New York Elite FC
- NY Hota Bavarian FC
- Parsippany SC
- Soccer Plus Academy
- World Class FC
Set to kick off in spring 2012, NYCSL - NPL Division teams will play a regular-season schedule with the age group winners advancing to the inaugural National Premier Leagues Champions Cup in July 2012.
The NPL has been created to provide a unified, league-based national developmental platform with the highest level of competition in given geographic areas, and to elevate and change the competitive youth soccer landscape based upon fundamental principles outlined in US Club Soccer’s 10-year vision.
With the addition of the NYCSL NPL Division, the NPL now includes 12 leagues across the United States:
- Florida Premier League
- Gulf States Premier League
- Midwest Developmental League
- New England Premier League
- New York Club Soccer League
- NorCal Premier League
- Northeast Pre-Academy League
- Northern Illinois Soccer League
- Oregon Premier League
- Southeast Pre-Academy League
- Southern California National Premier League
- Texas Pre-Academy League
ABOUT THE NATIONAL PREMIER LEAGUES:
US Club Soccer’s National Premier Leagues have been created to provide a national competitive developmental platform:
- focused on long-term player development;
- for the country’s top soccer clubs, allowing consistent, meaningful high-level games appropriately scheduled with higher training-to-game ratios;
- that allows players to be scouted and evaluated by U.S. Soccer National Staff and Technical Advisors;
- that is designed and structured by the clubs, based on the needs of the clubs;
- using international rules of competition;
- that provides an avenue for qualification for the NPL Champions Cup.
The NPL is an important component of US Club Soccer’s 10-year vision to refine the landscape for competitive youth soccer. This vision recognizes that:
- properly-structured youth soccer clubs are the vehicle through which player development does and must occur in the United States.
- clubs should play in leagues that provide meaningful games, allow establishment of the proper training-to-game ratio, and eliminate calendar congestion.
- National Premier Leagues, as well as the best clubs, should be integrated in US Club Soccer’s id2 National Identification and Development Program, include Player Development Programs (PDPs) in select local markets, and work closely with U.S. Soccer staff regarding player identification, and player and coach development.